Welcome to the section on “Guide to Buying Diamonds and Jewelry by Dr Shihaan”.
This section of our popular website is targetted at the consumers of diamonds and jewelry. Before one purchases an expensive item and a potential investement such as diamonds, it is recommended that one should educate themself briefly about the item. What is even more important is that the advice/recommendation/education should be provided by experts who do not have any commercial bias. Our website is purely an information/educational website.
Your comments and questions are welcome and will be answered free of charge in our forums.
This guide will also help you to avoid buying synthetic and treated gemstones and diamonds.
1) What are the 4 c’s of Diamond Grading?
The 4c’s which describes the physical properties or characteristics of a diamond and therefore its value, include carat weight, cut, clarity and color
ii) Carat weight (Click to learn more)
You may watch a brief 3 minute video on the 4c’s of diamonds by the GIA.
3) What is a Diamond Grading Report?
4) Special Diamond Grading Reports and Sealed Diamond Reports
6) An Introduction to Instruments used in Gemmology I
7 )An Introduction to Instruments used in Gemmology II
8) An Introduction to Instruments used in Gemmology III
9) An Introduction to Instruments used in Gemmology IV
10) Tools and Accessories used in Gemology and by Jewelry Traders
11) Miscellaneous Tools & Instruments Used in Gemmology
Back to Learning Center
You are welcome to discuss this post/related topics with Dr Shihaan and other experts from around the world in our FORUMS (forums.internetstones.com)